OMG! This is the sweetest, yummiest idea ever! What a thoughtful (and super creative) way to share birthday cake with friends and family who are far away! We're talking tons of cupcake goodness in one tiny glass canning jar! Because you can customize these tasty treats to your heart's content, they kinda remind me of a sundae but without the ice cream!
- Start with your favorite cupcake recipe, bake and cool.
- Split your cupcake down the middle.
- Place both halves in a glass canning jar.
- Pipe your choice of frosting (or jam) between the two halves, and on top.
- Add sprinkles, crushed cookie pieces, candy bar bits... (You get the delicious idea!)
- Freeze overnight.
- Package and send!
Thanks to Jen from Beantown Baker for this awesome stroke of genius!